Sunday, November 1, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: November 2nd - November 8th

This week is going to be mad crazy.  I have been planning a Father Daughter dance for the girl's school and it is this Friday.  I have helped plan lots of events for our church so I'm not sure why this event is causing me so much stress.  To be honest I'm ready for it to be here and done.  One minute I tell myself to keep it simple and it's going to be great. Then I think about the To Do list that never seems to get shorter.  As soon as I think I can cross something off my list another something gets added.  Like ordering dresses on Wednesday because you have no time to shop and finally have UPS update to say they will be delivered the day AFTER the dance.  Or emailing parents to let them know they won a prize only to have their emails be returned.  Ugh nothing checked off the To Do list.  In the end I know everything will work out and it is going to be great I just don't know why the road to get there is not cooperating.  Such is life I guess.  I'm telling you this because the meal plan this week is a bit wonky so I thought you might want to know why I'm not doing that much cooking.  I'm giving myself as much extra time as I can.

Monday: Crockpot Baked Potatoes and Salad
These are prepped and ready to be thrown in the crock-pot before we head out to dance.  Hubby has a meeting he will be heading to shorty after we get home.  We will be topping the potatoes with black beans and salsa and I have a southwest bag salad ready to serve with it. I'm wishing I had picked up an avocado now.
Potato Recipe from Food.com.  There are tons on Pinterest too.

Tuesday: Steak, Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
My youngest has a craving for steak so we picked up some perfect portioned New York strips.  These are very thin and used to make my husband very sad  but he has come around and was actually full the last time we had them.


Wednesday: National Eating Healthy Day! 
Pasta and Sauce
Pretty much this is spaghetti night but my oldest doesn't like spaghetti noodles.  Likes every other pasta shape! I have a planned dinner out with my Mom's Group.

Thursday: Sushi
The night before the dance!  I'm banking on last minute To Do errands so hubby said that he would pick up veggie sushi from Wegmans.

Friday: Sandwiches
Pretty much this night's dinner is eat something sometime.  Sandwiches are pretty easy.

Saturday: Hubby's Plan
I asked Hubby to make dinner or plan on eating out because I plan on shopping for my daughter's birthday on this day and don't want to have the stress of having to be back in time to cook dinner.

Sunday: Football Potluck
We are having some Patriots and Redskins fans over to watch the game.  So far I have come up with Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (maybe as a slider) and smashed red potatoes.  See what I did there? ;)
Meatball recipe from Skinnytaste
Red Potatoes from The Pioneer Woman

Enjoy your week!  I'll see you on the other side.  lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...