Sunday, November 23, 2014

Meal Plan: November 23 - November 29

It's Thanksgiving!!  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I think I love it because it's simple.  The meal prep is not simple, of course, but the day is simple.  Good food, family time, football, naps, sitting around talking, good food.  It didn't take months to plan.  There wasn't a ton of shopping. Sadly, there are other days in this week.  Here is what else we are eating this week.


Sunday - Lasagna and Salad

This is the recipe my MIL made when she visited a few weeks ago.
Recipe from Pioneer Woman: The Best Lasagna.

Monday - Healthified Copycat Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap with Grapes


4 Flatout Light Original flatbreads
8 oz 98% fat free roasted turkey deli meat
8 slices precooked bacon
4 slices Cheddar Cheese
1 tomato, thinly sliced
Red onion slices
1/4 cup Ranch yogurt dressing
Iceberg or Romaine lettuce
Directions
  1. Spread ranch dressing all over the center of the flatbread.
  2. Top with turkey, bacon, lettuce, cheese, onion, and tomatoes. Fold the sides in, and then roll up.

Tuesday - Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
(Mom has  a work function)


Wednesday - Cheeseburgers and Homemade Chips
The secret to my cheeseburgers?... salt and pepper My family say they are the best burgers and can't believe there isn't another ingredient.
Homemade Chip Recipe from Momables

Thursday - Thanksgiving! - Mac and Cheese, Cole Slaw, Cranberry Sauce
The Mac and Cheese is a family secret.  My cousin used to tell me to use the recipe from the Ronzoni box.  Oh okay, I'll be nice.  Here's the link for the Ronzoni recipe. ;)

Cole Slaw Recipe













Cranberry Sauce
I don't know how long I have been making this recipe.  I still get a kick out of the cranberries popping open.  (Again, it's the simple things in life.)  I love it on my turkey and it's great for leftover sandwiches.
Recipe from Betty Crocker

Friday - Pasta with Bolognese Sauce
We froze the left-overs from the other week.  This time we are having it over rigatoni.  Who wants to cook after Thanksgiving?
Recipe from SkinnyTaste.com

Have a great Thanksgiving!  What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...