Monday, November 10, 2014

Meal Plan: November 9 - November 15

How is it the second week in November already! The girls had Monday and Tuesday off last week so we spent a couple days at Great Wolf Lodge.  What a fun place to visit!  My daughter's birthday is this week so going to Great Wolf was her "birthday party".  We went with friends whose daughter's birthday is also this week.  What a fun way to celebrate!  Sorry there wasn't a meal plan for last week.  With being out of town we were playing catch up and attending meetings.  The next thing I knew it was Friday.  Here's a travel tip:  Instead of grabbing fast food for the night you get back have spaghetti.  What is easier than boiling water and heating a jar of sauce.  Fast and cheap. Er... Fast and inexpensive.  Here is what we are having for dinner this week:

Exported from Mealboard.com

Sunday - Family Secret Pot Roast
Oh my word it is good.  Award winning in fact.  I once turned this pot roast recipe into a beef stew and entered it into our church's cook-off.  I can't remember if it placed first or second. 
Here is a similar recipe


Monday - Healthified Friday's Tostada Nachos
Last week, I overheard that my daughter's friend was having nachos for dinner and they have been on my mind ever since.  We are big fans of nachos in this house. I will post the recipe for this soon.  I want to make it first.
What is your favorite nacho topping?  

Tuesday - Dine Out
Happy Birthday to my daughter!  She has asked that we go out to dinner and she choose BJ's.  I see a pizookie in her future.  Don't know what a pizookie is?  Pizza + Cookie = Deliciousness
Picture from BJ's website


Wednesday - Crock Pot Bolognese Sauce and Spaghetti
My parents are coming into town to take the girls Goodies with Grandparents the next day.  We have a busy dance night but using the crock pot will allow me to visit more and be in the kitchen less.  Thumbs up!  Remember your Crock Pot liners for quick clean up!
Recipe from SkinnyTaste.com

Thursday - Cashew Chicken
One of my favs
Recipe from Wegmans


Friday - Sushi Date
I bought the girls these new Mac and Cheese cups from Stouffers.  My oldest has a long dance night and my youngest has been craving her favorite.  Hubby and I are craving sushi.  Sushi and Mac and cheese it is! Haha
What is your favorite roll?

Saturday - Pot-au-feu
Um? What?  Okay, so, I signed up with America's Test Kitchen to test recipes.  When this recipe showed up in my inbox I was a bit overwhelmed.  Pot-au-feu is a French Pot Roast.  The recipe they sent me used a lot of ingredients that I have not cooked with but I was going to give it my best.  Unfortunately, I could not find one of the ingredients so I had to turn down testing the recipe.  I now have leeks, red potatoes and asparagus on hand that I will need to use. I also need a new plan for Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...