Sunday, November 16, 2014

Meal Plan: November 16 - November 22

About a month ago I started doing the 21 Day Fix.  1. Because I had a wedding coming up.  I have always said one of the best motivators for losing weight is a wedding.  2. With the help of this blog I saw how much cheese was in our diet and I wanted to "fix" our diet.  It is always nerve wracking to start a diet when you also have a family to feed.  I have to say I have not had any complaints about the new healthy meal plan .  Well, except for the brown rice but I get that.  The texture is very different.  Here is what we are eating this week:


Sunday - Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes (Crock-pot Meal)
Recipe from My Recipes
Update:  This took longer than the 3.5 hours that the recipe said it would.  It was more like 5.  So we had spaghetti and will have this for leftovers on Wednesday.  Other than that, the little taste of potato and carrot I had was delicious.
Going into the Crock-pot


Monday - Maple Cinnamon Glazed Ham with Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Ham Recipe from Best Clean Eating Recipes
Butternut Squash Recipe from Skinny Taste
Ham steaks are great quick night dinner meal.  We used to make these all the time.  It's nice to bring back a family fav.  We would pair these with pre-made sweet potatoes but I'm going to make this butternut squash instead.  My kids have been asking for butternut squash after loving it at a friends house.  I may tweak this Skinny Taste recipe and mash the squash. This would make a good Thanksgiving side.

Picture from Skinny Taste


Tuesday - Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
I forgot to note where I got this recipe.  The original recipe was for a sandwich but I'm nixing the bread and making a kabab instead.
Ingredients 
4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken cutlets
4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple
1/4 cup salt free teriyaki marinade
Directions
1. Preheat Grill
2. Brush chicken and pineapple with teriyaki marinade. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill chicken and pineapple 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is done and pineapple is caramelized. 

Wednesday - Tacos
"Bring them a meal" idea from Peanutblossom.com.  I will be making some for us and some for a friend.


Thursday - Kielbasa and Pierogies (One Dish Meal)
I will admit when my husband asked for pierogies the 21 Day Fix in me panicked a little.  So this will have to be a good lesson in moderation. ;)  I plan on using Turkey Kielbasa.
Recipe from Foodie with Family
Picture from Foodie with Family

Friday - Pizza and a Slumber Party
Some of my daughter's dance friends are coming over to spend the night.

Saturday - Test Recipe from America's Test Kitchen
I got another test recipe from America's Test Kitchen.  Looking over the ingredients this one is definitely a go!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...