Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Meal Plan: January 18 - January 24


I have to make a confession.  Even though the post about how great freezing casseroles was true, that wasn't the reason I had casserole freezing day.  This past weekend I surprised my husband with a trip to a beach house with his friends.  I really made the King Ranch Chicken to take with us but needed a cover up as why I was making food a week ahead of time and then not eating it during the week.  The details one must go to surprise someone.  Whew!  Now that the surprises are done I am taking an easy week.  My daughter even asked if she could cook!  Um, yeah!

This week's dinners:



Sunday - Mom's Chili
My mom made chili for football playoff watching.  She used some leftover steak we had from hubby's birthday dinner.  It was yummo!

Monday - Philly Cheesesteak Salad with Potatoes
Still using up the steak (we bought too much). We are having steak, with sautéed peppers and onions on top of salad greens.  Topped with slices of provolone.  The quartered potatoes can go on the side or in the salad.

Tuesday - Cannelloni Bean and Corn Salad Pitas
My girls were given a Cooking Light cookbook, called We [Heart] Cooking, for Christmas from my MIL.  My oldest decided she wanted to meal plan with me and picked to make this recipe.

Wednesday - Chicken Parmesan Meatballs

Thursday - Chili Baked Potato and Salad
Using leftover chili

Friday - Quesadillas (Kid and Mom)
My hubby is going out with some friends so I thought it would be cool to make this quesdilla recipe that I have been wanting to try.  One of those "no one else will eat it recipes".
Kid's Recipe - Pizzadilla from Cooking Light
Mom's Recipe - Arugula and White Bean Quesadillas with Sun Dried Tomato Cream from Weight Watchers
Ingredients
2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1/4 cup oil-packing sun-dried tomato halves, chopped, drained
2 whole wheat tortillas, 8 inch
1/2 cup Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
1 ounce crumbled goat cheese, about 1/4 cup
2 cups baby arugula
Cooking spray
Notes / Directions
1. Combine cream cheese and sun dried tomato in a small bowl; spread every over tortillas. Mash beans with a fork. Spread beans evenly over cream cheese mixture. Top evenly with goat cheese and arugula. Fold tortillas in half.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place quesadillas in pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese melts. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve immediately.

Serving size: 3 wedges

Calories 299
Fat 12.4g
Protein 12.1g
Fiber 4.9g

Saturday - State Dinner at Church 
Our church is having a cooking competition to represent your home state.  I am making Virginia Ham Biscuits and my husband is making Clam Chowder to represent CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...