Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Meal Plan: May 31st - June 6th

This week I am implementing the 80/20 rule. With as much as we have eaten dinner out perhaps it is more like the 70/30 rule this week. The 80/20 Rule is something like this: 80 percent of the time your meals are clean eating, no processed, good for you foods, and 20 percent of the time you have the freedom to eat as you please. I typically eat 6 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and three snacks. That's 42 meals a week. If you are following the 80/20 rule, that would mean that I could relax for 8 meals out of my week. I'm really only telling you this so I don't feel guilty about putting Cheeseburger Pie on the meal plan. No, no honestly, no one can be at 100% all the time, and you are probably going to fall off the "diet" wagon if you feel like you have to be. When I go to the 20% (probably more like 10% for me) I do still consider my portion sizes and I make sure the following meals are back in the 80%.  

We are trying lots of new recipes this week. 

Weekly Meal Plan:

Sunday - Dinner Out - My birthday dinner

Monday - Dinner Out - My in-laws drove through town and took us out

Tuesday - Chicken Nuggets and Homemade Steak Fries
Recipe from Autumn Calabrese


Wednesday - Thai Basil Chicken
Recipe from the June 2015 edition of  Cooking Light Magazine

Thursday - Shrimp Scampi
Recipe Inspired from Skinnytaste (I'm going sans skewers in a grill pan)

Friday - Cheeseburger Pie - My oldest daughter has a craving.
Get the Recipe
Note: I'm using cheddar cheese instead of processed American cheese.












Be Inspired!

With Love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...