Sunday, May 17, 2015

Meal Plan: May 17th - May 24th

One way I have learned to trick get my kids to try new meats is by making it look like a hamburger or meatball.  There really isn't a meat that my oldest doesn't like now but the only meat my youngest gets excited about is a cheeseburger or chicken nugget.  She will eat it but it...takes...forever.  This Ode to Ground Meat week.  If it looks like a cheeseburger maybe she will eat it like a cheeseburger.

This is what we are having this week:

Sunday:  Ribeye steaks, Asparagus and Baked Potatoes
These steaks were left-over from a church fund raiser dinner.  We decided to just recreate the whole meal.

Monday: Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole and Broccoli (Ground Chicken)
Recipe from Buns In My Oven

Tuesday: Egg Roll in a Bowl (Ground Pork)
Recipe Inspired from Gluten Free with Southern Charm - I add some extra flavors.
Wednesday: Chicken Carne Asada
Recipe from Cooking Light

Thursday: Cheesesteaks Burgers (Ground Beef)
Recipe Inspired from Cooking Light - I liked the thought of this burger but plan to make it closer to the original.

Friday: Pita Pizzas 
Recipe Inspired from Fits Simple - I added sausage, made the sauce less chunky and added arugula on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...