Thursday, March 21, 2013

50 States; 50 Meals: Arizona while Skyping

This week my husband and youngest daughter traveled to Connecticut to help a family member and our palates traveled to Arizona. We decided to keep our 50 States meals going to I made Chimichangas for him to take with him.
Chimichangas always remind me of my late FIL. Unfortunately, the story of why is not good in writing. The way he would say Chimichangas always made me laugh.
The night we had planned on eating the Arizona dinner we happened to be testing Skype on my MILs new laptop. Hubby and I ended up cooking together over Skype. It reminded me of something you would see in a chic flick but our version was more comedy than romantic comedy thanks to our crazy family cutting jokes while we prepared dinner. We kept Skype going so we could eat our meal together. My oldest really wished she could have been there laughing with everyone.


20130321-170358.jpg

Three weeks in, this was our favorite meal but we tend to be big fans of Mexican and Tex Mex food. Both the Chimichangas and chile sauce baked up well after being frozen. I didn't prepare any other "Arizona" foods just to keep things simple during a very busy week. I will definitely be making this recipe again!


20130321-171340.jpg
Baked Chicken Chimichangas with Green Sauce

2 comments:

  1. You are most def the cutest family ever

    Sent from my iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  2. mikie1254@gmail.comMarch 21, 2013 at 9:01 PM

    I thing you should put at the end: Next up - and the state. So I can stop looking it up, because I do, every time. HEE!!!

    I had dinner w/ Betty Hayes tonight and she told me she loved your blog!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...