Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Food Inspired: Healthified Bacon-Wrapped Mozzarella Stuffed Burger

 

Inspiration: Foodbeast

I hate to even call this an inspiration because really I would file this under the"please don't eat that" category.  This burger has been shared all over Facebook and I challenged myself to clean it up.  It does have cheese it just melted into the burger.  I think my burger is the same size a the top portion of the original!  We grilled ours to perfection instead of deep frying.  Deep frying a burger, really?  I'm pretty sure even with the added homemade fries, made in our Actifry, my burger came way under the original calorie count.


Ingredients

1 pound lean ground beef
4 strips of cooked turkey bacon, crumbled or diced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions
  1. Combine ground beef, bacon and cheese together in a large bowl.
  2. Make 4 patties.  They will be bigger than usual because of the cheese and bacon.  Mine averaged between 5 and 6 ounces.
  3. When the grill is hot, spray the grates with oil.
  4. Grill the burgers on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until it is no longer pink inside.
  5. Serve on a whole grain bun or make a lettuce wrap.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...