Friday, June 19, 2015

Fit Inspired: How my scale motivates me and keeps me accountable.



Let me start by saying that the scale is not the only indicator of losing weight.  There are other Non-Scale Victories (NSV) that can show you that working out and healthy eating is working.  You can lose inches before you see the number on the scale go down.  Or your clothes can start fitting loser.  That's why I suggest taking measurements and pictures before starting a program.  If you get discouraged with the scale number taking your measurements or picture again can be the motivator you need to keep going.

That being said one of my motivators is my scale.  Say what?  No, I did not type that wrong.  I have had the same scale since I started my fitness journey 9 years ago.  So how does it keep me motivated?

This particular scale allowed you to enter your starting weight and your goal weight.  Every time I weight myself this scale tells me what I currently weight, of course, but then it shows me how many pounds I have lost, my starting weight and my goal weight.  I have never changed the starting weight.  Why?



It reminds me of where I have come from.  It makes me not take my hard work for granted.  To date, I have lost the equivalent to a toddler.  And if you are trying to see the number I will tell you that I was 10 pounds heavier right after having my first child.  (Side note:  I will never forget the nurse telling me she only weighed 6 lbs.  I instantly knew the rest was mine to lose.)  When I see that I have passed my entered goal weight it reminds me that you never achieve your fitness goals, you just make new ones.  Success is a journey.  Not a destination.

Be Inspired.

With love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...