Monday, May 5, 2014

What are we having for dinner?: May 4 - May 9

Let me answer that question for you.  When I get together with my Mom's Group a topic that frequently comes up is what to have for dinner on busy nights.  A few things have led my husband and I to become master's of the meal plan.  We did at study of the book Enough, attended Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and lived through two rounds of government furloughs.  I figure if I'm already making the plan I might as why share it.  I always like to find ways to work smarter and not to recreate the wheel so; hopefully, you will find this helpful.

Something to keep in mind about these meal plans.  We are a pretty busy family.  Between the kids activities, meetings, bible studies, hobbies, exercise (and even some adult nights out) some weeks we have an activity every night of the week.  I guess what I am trying to say is don't expect gourmet meals.  Most meals we are eating lately are quick and hopefully healthy.  I LOVE when I do finally get to cook  a "real meal". It makes me so happy that I dance in the kitchen.

Here's what we are having for dinner this week:

Iammisc_Dinner_Plate_With_Spoon_And_Fork_clip_art_medium

Sunday:

Stromboli - Pennsylvania State Dinner (Post coming soon) I plan on using Wegmans pre-made pizza dough and only pepperoni.

Monday:  My girls eat dinner at their dance studio and hubby and I have frozen meals on Monday's

"Cinco de Mayo Meal"
The girls:
Taco Bell Copy Cat Cheese Roll-Up (Soft taco sized tortilla, Shredded Mexican Cheese); Doritos, Fruit

The adults:
Amy's Organic Frozen Meals - Enchiladas and Tortilla Casserole

Tuesday: No Activity!  :)

Cheesesteaks - Another Pennsylvania State Dinner.  I'm leaving out the green pepper and mushrooms for my youngest.

Wednesday:

Tomato Pesto Sauce on Thin Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad
You have to have a Wegmans for this one.  Follow the instructions on the jar of Tomato Pesto.

Thursday:

Mojo Chicken Kebabs with Rice and Corn on the Cob
This is a Wegmans recipe so I bought the already marinated chicken.  If you don't have a Wegmans you can buy the Goya bottle of marinade.  Wegmans also sells a bottle of their marinade if you have chicken breasts already.

Friday:  Kids have an event

The girls:  Chicken Nuggets and Easy Mac
The adults:  Dinner Out

What are you going to have for dinner?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...