Thursday, May 22, 2014

What are we having for dinner?: May 18 - May 23

Or maybe I should say what we had.  It has been a crazy week.  The girls have had dance pictures almost every night since Sunday.  It feels nice to actually sit down, and do something I actually want to do.

Here's what we are having for dinner this week:

Iammisc_Dinner_Plate_With_Spoon_And_Fork_clip_art_medium

Sunday: Awesome Sauce Chicken with Spanish Rice and Refried Black Beans


On Friday we went out to a Mexican restaurant.  My husband's dinner came with this awesome avocado, jalapeno, cilantro sauce.  It was so good I wanted to drink it.  I hunted Pinterest to see if I could find the Copycat recipe.  I didn't find the exact match but this recipe from Tasty Kitchen.  It tasted just like the sauce as the restaurant.  I added more water so I could use it on the chicken as a marinade and kept half for a dipping sauce.  It was so good I was dancin'.

IMG_0525

Monday:
The girls:
Perdue Chicken Nuggets
Easy Mac (Wegmans Brand)

The adults:
Wegmans Pasta Bowls

Tuesday: Easy Spaghetti Bolognese from Spoonful.com
I found this recipe for my husband because I was going out to dinner with a friend.  He said it was super easy since everything is made in the same pot and thanked me for finding the recipe.  The leftovers were delicious.

Wednesday: Black Bean Quesadillas with Cilantro Lime Rice
Quesadilla Recipe - My Recipes
Rice Recipe - The Recipe Critic


IMG_0522


Thursday: Bacon, Tomato, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup


Speed things up by buying the precooked bacon.

Friday:  Mrs. Flax Dinner aka Appetizer Dinner
If you remember the movie Mermaids from the 90's you know what I mean by Mrs. Flax Dinner"A word about Mrs. Flax and food: the word is "hors d'oeurves." Fun Finger Foods is her main source book and it's all the woman cooks." This stuck with my mom and I so whenever we have a meal of appetizers (aka to our family as pickies or appys)

Saturday: Our Niece is getting married!!

 

When you make a grilled cheese do you butter the bread or add the butter to the skillet?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...