Monday, July 22, 2013

50 States; 50 Meals: Kansas

Well we didn't go over the rainbow but the food was so good it made us do a happy dance.  Disclaimer: I make most of my meal choices from the Cooking Channel's website.  They had listed Kansas City-Style Ribs as a Kansas "food"; however, when I started doing my research it looked like this was really a Missouri food.  If anyone can educate me on which is right or if both are right I would really appreciate it.  So whether or not it was right we had ribs.  And they were goooood.  I looked at the recipe for making your own rub and sauce.  They way surpassed my acceptable amount of ingredients so on to the Wegmans website I went.  McCormick Grill Mates Pork Rub  and Wegmans Kansas City Style BBQ sauce were added to my online shopping list.  Done.  Other than that we stuck to the Neely's recipe.

[caption id="attachment_690" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Kansas City-Style Ribs Kansas City-Style Ribs[/caption]

Knowing that my youngest isn't the greatest fan of ribs I picked up a box of White Castle sliders.  The first White Castle opened in Wichita, Kansas in 1921.  It was the first fast-food hamburger chain. The first to sell a million hamburgers. The first to sell a billion hamburgers. And the first to sell frozen fast food. Which I bought and we loved.  I may have hidden the fact that they had cooked onions and the kids totally housed them onions and all.

[caption id="attachment_689" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Can you find Butter Boy? Can you find Butter Boy?[/caption]

Next up is Kentucky and I finally get to make something I have been wanting to make for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. So clearly I should have let you make the ribs last weekend! OMG they look good!!!!

    As always, you rock!

    XXOO!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...