Saturday, May 4, 2013

50 States; 50 Meals: Florida

I was very excited to make our Florida meal.  The Cuban or Cubano is one of my favorite sandwiches!  Most likely if I see it on a menu I'll get it.  The Cuban  is a popular sandwich in Tampa and Miami.

The sandwich has layered pork cooked in mojo, ham, swiss cheese and a pickles  and then pressed between cuban bread.  I couldn't find cuban bread so I used Italian.  Just look how pretty.  I used a Cooking Light recipe but it tasted just like one at a restaurant. I also just bought Goya Mojo instead of making my own.  IMG_1845

Cuban Sandwich


I turned to Nellie and Joe's Famous Lime Juice for dessert.  We had Key Lime Pie, of course!  It was pretty quick and easy to make.  We have so much juice leftover I may have to make an adult beverage! Or more desserts.  I found tons of recipes on Nellie and Joe's website. I love that their website is keylimejuice.com.  They own the key lime business.  haha Who knew you could do so much with key lime juice?


IMG_1846


Key Lime Pie


Whew... All caught up.  Next up is Georgia.  I have a feeling I'll be making another pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...