Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday Meal Plan: January 11th - January 17th

What a fun and busy weekend!  Hubby and I had a quick over night get away to celebrate a dear friend's 40th birthday.  His wife can throw one heck of a party!  And I learned that I can not bounce back from a late night like I used to when I was younger.  I really wanted to Christmas down and completely forgot until I was heading to finally sit down Sunday afternoon.  I turned and saw the tree and tackled taking down Christmas at 5:30 in the afternoon.  I know you guys understand that sometimes you just have to sacrifice something you want to do for something you have to do.  My girls and I had a fun time though!  As a thankful for being so understanding that this blog post is being delivered to you late, I have added in two lunch ideas.




Here is what we are having for dinner this week:


Monday: Ham Steaks, Green Beans/Aspragus and Sweet Potatoes
Tonight I am tasting how good and fast frozen vegetables can be.

Tuesday: Sloppy Joes
Recipe from Fixate
I will be having leftovers on a microwave sweet potato for lunch.

Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole
Recipe from Buns In My Oven


Thursday: Date Night In: Gnocchi with Spinach and Pine Nuts 
Recipe from Cooking Light
I'm using walnuts because they are better on the budget; even thought I LOVE pine nuts.

Friday: Happy Birthday Hubby!!  Take out  Made at Home: Fried Rice
This is my recipe.  One of my husband's favorites.  Warning: Not 21 Day Fix Approved but with a few tweaks it easily could be.

Saturday: Pats are in the Playoffs.  Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game and celebrate hubby's birthday.

Sunday: Cuban Pork and Black Bean Melts
Recipe from Better Homes and Garden

Bonus Lunch Ideas:

Slower Cooker Chicken and Black Beans taco filling on a salad.  I made just the chicken portion of this recipe to change up my salad protein topper this week.

Stuffed Ranchero Sweet Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...