Monday, February 23, 2015

Let's Cook Meal Plan: February 23 - February 28

You know I was all kinds of excited when I saw that Cooking Light magazine had named the latest issue the Family Dinner Issue.  First Lady, Michelle Obama, and her Let's Move program were featured in the magazine.  Cooking Light has partnered with Let's Move! and created Let's Cook!  They claim that the recipes are more practical for busy families, low in cost and take less than 30 minutes.  Right up my alley.  Challenge Accepted, Cooking Light!

What we are having for dinner this week:

Sunday: Cook's Test Recipe - Seared Flank Steak with Mustard and Chive Butter, Roasted New Potatoes and Asparagus

You will definitely want to be on the look out for this steak recipe.  It blew away our expectations.

Quick Side Dish Recipes:

Roasted New Potatoes Recipe - I put the potatoes in a 9x9 dish.  Covered them with a package of onion soup mix and some EVOO.  Microwaved them for 10 minutes and finished them in the oven at 450 degrees for another 15 - 20 minutes.  Until a knife could go in easily.

Roasted Asparagus - Sprinkle with salt and EVOO and put next to potatoes in the oven until done to your liking.

Monday: School Fundraiser at Panera Bread
As a reference for the Let's Cook meals, priced this meal on the Panera website to be around $25 for the four of us.  The girls had soup in a bread bowl and hubby and I had You pick 2 meals.

Tuesday: Let's Cook! Chicken, Broccoli and Brown Rice Casserole
Picture from My Recipes

I priced this around $12.
Download Recipe











Wednesday: Let's Cook! Two Bean Vegetarian Chili

I price this around $5.  What?! $1.25 a person.  Put away the ramen.
Download Recipe










Thursday: Let's Cook! Parmesan Chicken Breast Tenders

I cheated on this one.  I had everything on hand expect the parmesan cheese.  Total cost for me = $2.50
Download Recipe









Friday: Let's Cook! One-Pot Pasta with Spinach & Tomatoes

I actually came in a few dollars under the magazine on this one.
Download Recipe










Saturday: Dinner at American Girl to celebrate my youngest birthday.


Cooking Light is not compensating me for this post.  Check back in to see what we thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...