Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holiday Meal Plan: December 21 - December 27


Christmas is here!!  I feel like someone just told me there were 10 days until Christmas and now it is 3 days.  I'm totally almost ready.  Big shout out to Amazon Prime for helping make it all happen.  It's a life saver.

We are celebrating Christmas twice at our house.  Christmas Day with my mom and again on Saturday with my Dad and Stepmom.  This meal plan includes two totally doable and cost friendly holiday dinners.  

Happy Holidays!!

This is what we are having this week:

From MealBoard

Sunday - Chicken Nacho Dinner 
I used my Make-Ahead Chicken Recipe for these nachos. I cubed the chicken instead of shredding it.  I also added cumin. These were a great fit for football Sunday and an impromptu Family Game Night.  We played a cute game called Beat the Parents.  A great game for those that are addicted to Trivia Crack.
Recipe from Moms Who Think


Monday - Baked Ravioli
I made this last week and frozen one.  To reheat bake frozen at 350 for 1 hour or until bubbly.
Recipe from Tasty Kitchen


Tuesday - Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas w/ Chicken 
I baked extra chicken when I made the nachos to add this these enchiladas.  Since I'm doing a lot of cooking at the end of the week I decided to buy enchilada sauce instead of making the Ranchero Sauce recipe.  I went with Frontera Sauce because it is all natural and preservative free.
Recipe from Cooking Light

Wednesday - Homemade Sauce with Italian Sausage and Meatballs served over Rigatoni
This is another family vault recipe.  Basically it is sauce with the sausage and meatballs cooked in the sauce. ;)

Thursday - Pork Tenderloin, Hasselbeck Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Tuscan Salad
Pork recipe from Southern Living
Potato recipe from Cooking Light
Brussels Sprouts recipe from a local restaurant - Ayse Meza
Tuscan Salad from Giada De Laurentiis - Green beans, Cannellini Beans, Black Olives
Pic from Cooking Light

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Turkey Breasts, Mashed Potatoes, Arkansas Green Beans, Mashed Butternut Squash
Roasted Honey-Brined Turkey Breasts Recipe from Wegmans
Make-ahead Mashed Potatoes Recipe from Betty Crocker
Arkansas Green Beans Recipe from AllRecipes.com
Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Mashed Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...