Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Food Inspired: Tomato Pesto Grilled Cheese Panini


Inspired by Cooking Light: Fresh Food Fast Cookbook

I made these sandwiches and then headed to dance with my youngest daughter.  An hour later I received a text message from Hubs that simply said, "Dude, that sandwich."  Followed by an explanation that it was DA BOMB.  And he didn't even have the tomato on it.  We are big pesto fans in this family.  It was a nice change from a regular grilled cheese.  It reminded me of a pizza your find at a gourmet pizza restaurant.  Because I used a remade pesto this came together very quickly.  I had four sandwiches made in 15 minutes.  

Serving Size: 1 Panini

Ingredients:

2 slices whole grain sandwich bread
1 slice beefsteak tomato
1 thin slice provolone
1 Tbsp shredded mozzarella
1 Tbsp pesto
Spray Coconut Oil

Directions:
  1. Top slice of sandwich bread with provolone cheese, pesto, tomato, mozzarella.  Top with other slice of bread.
  2. Heat a grill pan on medium pan.
  3. Spray grill pan with coconut oil.
  4. Place sandwich on grill. Press down on the sandwich.  Spray the top of the sandwich with coconut oil.
  5. Flip when the bread is browned (about 1.5 min.) and cook on the other side.
  6. Remove sandwich from grill when second side is browned (another 1.5 min.) and cheese is melted.
  7. Let the sandwich cool a bit before cutting so cheese does not ooze out.  
I packed two of the sandwiches and some prepped cucumbers for my daughter and I to eat during her break at dance.  It was still da bomb.  Make you dance good.  I can't wait to have one straight from the grill. 
Dance Mom dinner

Be Inspired!

With Love, 
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...