Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Meal Plan: March 15th - March 21st

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  There is usually some protest from my Scottish husband on this holiday.  The girls and I usually hear that we should be wearing orange as we are not Irish.  He doesn't seem to mind the food or the Guinness beer, for that matter.

Here is what we are having this week:

Sunday: Sloppy Joes, Cole Slaw and Potato Chips
This Sunday we cooked for our church's Youth Group.  I kept it simple and just used Manwich instead of a homemade recipe.  Though Skinny Taste does have a good one. I channeled my inner lunch lady and even served them with an ice cream scoop.  Side note: Six pounds of ground beef was plenty for our group, about 30 people.
How do you eat your Sloppy Joes?  I put the cole slaw and potato chips on top.

Monday: White Cheddar & Chive Potato Soup in a Bread Bowl AKA Copycat Panera Bread at home.
Soup recipe: Cooking Light
Bread bowls: Bought at Wegmans


Tuesday: Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie
Recipe from Skinny Taste


Wednesday: Minestrone Soup and Bread for Lenten Dinner at our church
This is the fifth year my Sunday School has come together to make this meal. The soup always gets rave reviews. 
Soup recipe: Wegmans 
Bread: Fleischmann's kit

Thursday: Cuban Sandwiches
I have been craving this ever since we watch the movie Chef last month. 
Recipe from Cooking Light with Mojo Pork Tenderloin from Wegmans

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday:  Kitchen is Closed
I think after preparing two church meals and family meals I deserve a night off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...